What is smart home technology? Having a smart home means you can control a number of appliances and devices from the convenience of a smart device. Basically, it’s an easy way to keep tabs on your property. Is the latest home automation technology worth it? Let’s explore some pros and cons of having a smart home in order to help you make a decision about whether it’s right for your household.
Smart Home Pros
When it comes to automating, controlling, and protecting your home, there are plenty of benefits to home technology. Here are some of the many smart home pros:
- Full control of smart appliances from a mobile device
- Beneficial for elder care and disability care
- Saves time
- Danger detection
- Tax and insurance benefits
- Safety and security features
Smart Home Cons
When deciding if a smart home is right for you, there are important points to consider when exploring home technology pros and cons:
- Privacy concerns
- Needs reliable internet connection
- Technological difficulties
- Initial investment
- Learning curve
Do it right the first time by talking to a SafeStreets Smart Security Pro. Our experts will address all of your concerns and work with you to customize a home security system to fit your home and your needs. No system is too small or too large for our security system installation.
Smart Home Automation Features
Other home automation pros include all the latest in smart home technology and features. Whether you want a video doorbell camera, smart thermostat, or even a smart door lock, everything you need is controlled in one place with SafeStreets. Let’s look at what security features to look for in a home automation system:
- Doorbell: Always know who is on your front doorstep with a video doorbell camera. Along with checking on visitors, you can unlock or lock your doors all at the touch of a button using your home automation system.
- Door Locks: Never worry about locking yourself out or losing your house key. You can unlock or lock your door from anywhere using your smartphone.
- Plugs: Smart plugs make it so you can connect your lights and small appliances to an automation system which gives you the ability to turn your appliances on and off remotely.
- Lights: Create custom automation to turn your smart LED light bulbs on and off. You can also deter burglars while you are away from home by scheduling your outdoor and indoor lights to turn on and off as needed.
- Thermostat: Set a thermostat schedule that helps you save on energy costs. Receive custom smart alerts whenever your home temperature is too hot or too cold. Control your smart thermostat from virtually anywhere.
- ADT Mobile App: ADT Control® gives you the ability to remotely monitor your home through the ADT Control® web and mobile app from any internet-connected device. Stay connected to home security professionals who can dispatch services when you need them. Get help when you need it from fast response monitoring agents located in six interconnected command centers across North America. ADT monitoring services keep their eyes on your home 24/7.
Turn Your House Into A Smart Home with SafeStreets Home Automation
The conveniences and advantages of smart home technology are worth the investment. We hope this article has helped you understand home automation pros and why smart homes are a viable option for your residence. Explore the pros and cons of a smart home with SafeStreets!
SafeStreets Smart Security Pros will help you set up your home automation and control it remotely. Get in touch with us to get started so you can customize your home!